Aulani Resort & Spa to Begin a Phased Reopening on November 1
Following the recent announcement of a pre-arrival testing program for those traveling to Hawaii, Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa is looking forward to welcoming families back during their phased reopening beginning Sunday, November 1. From housekeeping to recreation Disney is taking a measured approach, focusing on enhanced safety for guests, cast members and the local community. Extra attention will be given to high traffic areas and hand sanitizersstations will be located throughout the resort.
While the resort is currently closed, upon reopening Disney wants guest to know during this phase “rooms, experiences, restaurants, amenities and other offerings may be modified or unavailable, limited in capacity and subject to limited availability or closure. Offerings are not guaranteed.” The gradual reopening will follow all local, state and national Covid guidance. Disney’s team of health and safety experts will apply the same care they have given to re-openings at other resorts and parks around the world. In an effort to help guests feel comfortable during their stay Disney will be providing resources to educate visitors on new polices.
From Aulani Resort:
Aulani is working toward a phased reopening to begin on November 1, 2020.
As we prepare to welcome Disney Vacation Club Members and Guests back to the magic at our family vacation paradise, we have assessed the resort experience – from pre-arrival to housekeeping to recreation – with the health and safety of our Members, Guests and Cast Members as our top priority.
Our gradual, phased approach to reopening considers the guidance of government and local health authorities, including the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as well as the U.S. Travel Association and Disney’s team of health and safety professionals. Since many of these measures will be new, and may evolve, we want to be sure that Members and Guests know what to expect.
- Pre-arrival steps for Guests:
- There are specific instructions and requirements for all visitors to Hawaii, which may include mandated quarantine or pre-travel testing. View information about these requirements on the Hawaii Tourism Authority website. State requirements are subject to change. Please continue to stay updated on the latest travel alerts leading up to your planned stay.
- To promote physical distancing, we strongly recommend that Members and Guests use our Online Check-in service.
- Housekeeping, cleanliness and sanitization:
- Before arrival, every room will be given an enhanced cleaning.
- Extra attention will be given to high traffic areas such as public elevator buttons, handrails, benches, tables, handles, restrooms, and more. Additionally, hand sanitizers will be located throughout the resort.
- New training and reinforcement will be provided to further emphasize our enhanced health and safety measures among Cast Members.
- Physical distancing and capacity measures:
- Services will be adjusted within stores, restaurants, pools, the fitness center, and other public areas to allow for physical distancing, including reducing capacity where appropriate and implementing enhanced cleaning measures.
- Technology will be used to aid in these efforts, with limited-contact services being implemented in shopping and dining locations.
- Temporary modifications to our amenities:
- Food and beverage offerings, menus and operating hours may be adjusted.
- Pools and recreation offerings may operate differently during this time.
Because each of us shares a responsibility for the health of our community, we will be making resources available to help make Guests aware of our new policies, so they too can do their part.
This deliberate approach allows us to evaluate and adjust along the way, as circumstances and the recommendations of health authorities evolve.
From Disney Parks Blog:
Over the past several months we have enjoyed sharing some Aulani Resort magic with you at home. We shared peaceful scenes from the resort to help you find your Zen, an inside look at Aulani Resort, Cast Member performances of hula at home and celebrated national Lū‘au Month. Through it all, we have looked forward to welcoming families back to our vacation paradise when the time was right, and today we’d like to share our plans with you.
Given Hawaii’s recent announcement of a pre-arrival testing program for those traveling from out-of-state, we are working toward a phased reopening of Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa beginning on Sunday, November 1. And just like our other Disney destinations that have re-opened, we are using a measured approach that focuses on the health and safety of our guests, cast and community.
Our gradual, phased approach to reopening considers the guidance of local and national government and health authorities, including the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as well as the U.S. Travel Association and Disney’s team of health and safety experts. This deliberate approach allows us to evaluate and adjust along the way, as circumstances and the recommendations of health authorities evolve.
Because each of us shares a responsibility for the health of our community, we will be making resources available to help make guests aware of our new policies, so they, too, can do their part.
We look forward to helping you make new memories with your family, friends and loved ones at Aulani Resort in the near future. Please continue to visit Aulani.com for updates.